Homemade gifts are a thoughtful way to share some holiday spirit. Here is a simple holiday treat you can make for everyone who made your “nice” list. Choose a few sturdy glass jars to fill with your treats, then seal and tie a nice ribbon
around each lid.
- Feeling crafty? Add a custom label or gift tag made by hand or printed on your home printer for a special touch.
Yields three 1-quart jars
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅔ cup coconut oil or butter, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup lightly salted and roasted pistachios
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Position rack in center of oven and heat to 350°F.
In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, almonds, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. Pour coconut oil or melted butter over mixture and stir. In another bowl, combine maple syrup or honey, molasses, and vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and stir all ingredients
until evenly coated.
Transfer granola to a 13-by-18-inch rimmed sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Bake, stirring and flipping with a wooden spoon every 10 minutes, until the mixture gets golden brown, about 30 minutes total.
Remove granola from the oven and stir often as it cools, scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking. Once completely cool, mix in pistachios, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Pour into Mason jars. Seal each tightly and decorate!
Recipe adapted from Your Homebased Mom.